This PINSCORE Model PS-12232-P16 Display System fits the following Williams & Data East pinball machines:
- BLACK KNIGHT 2000
- BAD CATS
- MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
- PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
- BACK TO THE FUTURE
- THE SIMPSONS
- Plug & Play installation
- Adjustable brightness
- Low power consumption uses only 5 volt power and no high voltage
- Beautiful black matte finish
- Foam light shields prevent general illumination leakage glare
- Crisp alpha and numeric digits illuminate in original font and color
- 2 year warranty
- Assembled in USA
- RoHS compliant
INSTALLATION TIME: About 20 minutes
TOOLS REQUIRED: 1/4” Nutdriver
- 1. Unplug the AC power from your pinball machine. Remove game backglass. Unplug all display board connecting cables and remove original display board.
- 2. Set the switches. Remove the PS-12232 board from its package and find your game listed on the chart on the BACK of the circuit board. The 3 bank DIPSWITCH is labeled SW2 and located near the center bottom on the FRONT of the board. Set the 3 switches using a paper clip or pen point to your game as indicated in the table. (ON is UP and OFF is DOWN). No damage will occur if the switches are not set correctly, but the display may show scrambled characters. (NOTE: The PS-12232 Rev B board CANNOT be used in Data East games, use model PS-12232-P16DE for these pinball machines instead)
- 3. Mount the new board. If you want to install new mounting hardware, screw the 4 hex metal standoffs into the wooden backbox insert panel. Sandwich the fiber washers between the screw heads and PS-12232 circuit board and the back of the circuit board. Hand-tighten the screws so that you may align the displays with the backglass windows before finally securing the board. If further alignment is necessary, you may adjust the insert panel door hinges and latch in the backbox.
- 4. Connect the cables. Not all connectors are used on all games. The 2 connectors labeled EXTERNAL DISPLAY are NOT used in the PS-12232-P16 system. The ribbon cable goes to the connector labeled MPU CABLE. The power connectors are keyed to prevent incorrect alignment. Ribbon cables are not keyed and it is possible to mis-align the connector. Observe correct polarity on all ribbon cables - the red striped wires on all ribbon cables go to PIN #1 (also labeled as RED) on all boards.
- 5. Double-check all connections, plug in the machine, and turn the game on. The LED’s will light up. Pressing the diagnostic pushbutton labeled SW1/DISPLAY TEST on the PS-12232 board will illuminate all segments of all displays. This indicates that all components of the PINSCORE System are operating correctly. The thumbwheel BRIGHTNESS control labeled R10 on the right side of the board allows you to set your preferred illumination level.